80 pp. text on the newly opened slaughterhouse and cattle market of the industrial and commercial center, a river port in Silesia, numerous tables, 28 text illus., hundreds of illus. on 52 plates (some large foldouts) from architectural renderings of the complete facility and the various structures. Front flyleaf lacking. Sm. folio. 3/4 cloth, somewhat soiled, edges worn. Breslau (Kern) 1900. Ex-library copy (small stamp on title, verso of each plate, and a couple of pages).
Breslau, now Wroclaw in Poland, was considered the economic and cultural heart of the agrarian East in pre-war Germany. The new facility, which replaced an older one, represented a major effort at modern sanitation; it encompassed a railroad station, sanitation and inspection facilities, new electrical equipment, etc.
Book ID: 28793