Moscow: Izdanie Muzeia Revoliutsii Soiuza SSR, 1928. Small octavo (15 × 11.2 cm). Staple-stitched pamphlet; 24,  pp., with the folding map of the exhibition rooms, measuring 31 × 22.5 cm. Lacking original wrappers; text browned and somewhat brittle; else internally a good copy.
Scarce guide to the Soviet Museum of the Revolution, which opened its doors in 1924 in the neoclassical building at Tverskaia ul. 21, which formerly housed the Moscow English Club. Founded in 1917, the Museum's aim was to document the history of the Russian revolutionary movement, from the earliest peasant uprisings in the seventeenth century through the early period of socialist construction after the Civil War. The booklet explains the contents of each exhibition room, spread over two floors, which are pictured on the attached folding map. KVK, OCLC show the copies at NYPL and Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin only. An additional copy, of the second edition (1927), is held in the Henry Wadsworth Longfellow Dana papers at Harvard.
Book ID: P004276