Prague: Fr. Borový, 1945. Large octavos (24.2 × 16.3 cm). Original printed wrappers; 264 pp. (continuous pagination). About very good, uncut and unopened copies, occasional small tears to wrappers.
Complete sixth year of this literary and culture journal, the first to appear after the German protectorate period and following the end of WWII. In total, it appeared from 1938 to 1942, and again from 1945 until its forced closure after the communist coup in 1948. With contributions by Kamil Bednář, Václav Černý, Pavel Eisner, František Halas, Jan Kopecký, Josef Hora, František Kovárna, Marie Pujmanová, Zdeněk Vančura, Bohumil Novák, Josef Čapek, and many others. Triple issue 3-5 with translations of work by Pasternak, Aseev, Inber, Simonov and other Soviet poets, as well as Aragon, Audiberti, Desnos, Eluard.
See also the entry in "Slovník české literatury po roce 1945" (http://www.slovnikceskeliteratury.cz/showContent.jsp?docId=123).
Book ID: P6746